Schedule an appointment:
Call for a free consultation.
Profile on Psychology Today
Complete Eating Disorder Questionnaire
Call for a free phone consultation
Books and Articles:
Fried, Frenzied & Frazzled will be out in Fall 2015. If you are under stress this is the book for you. If you want to be notified when it is released leave me your email address.
Do It With Love
Article by Dr. Linda:
"Overcome Binge Eating"
Some Startling Facts About Eating Disorders
- According to the National Association of Anorexia and Associated Disorders approximately seven million women and one million men are suffering from eating disorders.
- The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta reports that over 20 million people in the U.S. are suffering from some type of an eating disorder.
- It is estimated that 3 to 6 per cent of the serious cases of eating disorders will die that is a higher death rate than any other mental disorder.
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa are classified amount the most serious mental disorders along with schizophrenia, major depression and bipolar disorder.
- An unusual increase or decrease in weight not related to a medical condition
- Abnormal eating habits such as severe dieting, secretive bingeing, purging, and withdrawn behavior
- An all encompassing preoccupation with weight and body image
- Compulsive or excessive exercising
- Self-induced vomiting, periods of fasting or laxative, diet pill or diuretic abuse
- Feelings of isolation, depression or irritability
- Super achievers
- Goes to bathroom often
- Wearing baggy clothes
- Overly concerned about looks
- Cold all of the time
- Preoccupied with male attention
- Wont eat at meals
- Wants to belong to in group
- Pushes food around on the plate
- Overly independent
- Picky about what foods they will eat
- Fights for control over food and in other areas of their life
- Overly compliant
- Damaged teeth enamel
- Hides food
- Remorseful after overeating